National Lottery Community Fund frees up £300m to help charities with Covid-19 crisis
CAF Coronavirus Emergency Fund now open
Details of how to apply here:
London Community Response Fund
now open for applications. See link for details of how to apply:
New emergency support fund announced to help community and voluntary organisations
National Emergencies Trust
The National Emergencies Trust (NET) was set up after Grenfell Tower to co-ordinate donations after disasters, and has now launched a Coronavirus Appeal. It will raise funds for local charities and grassroots organisations that can provide vital support to people in the quickest way possible. The fundraising appeal administration is being run by the British Red Cross, and funds will be distributed to local charities through UK’s network of Community Foundations.
The National Emergencies Trust coronavirus appeal has raised £11m for charities working directly on the response to the pandemic in just one week.
More info here… https://nationalemergenciestrust.org.uk/
Lambeth Council support for communities during COVID-19 pandemic
To find out more about crowdfunding in Lambeth visit https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/funds/lambeth. To apply for a match fund as part of the crowdfunding https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/funds/lambeth/apply.
The Gaia Centre which supports Lambeth residents who are survivors of gender based violence, including domestic and sexual violence, are open and accepting referrals. They are providing 1:1 support via telephone and email during a time where survivors may feel additionally isolated and at risk due to coronavirus.
To make a referral or for a survivor to self-refer call: 020 7733 8724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please see the Gaia Centre website: https://www.refuge.org.uk/our-work/our-services/one-stop-shop-services/the-gaia-centre/
Useful info for charities (source CAFbank)
- Guidance for charities – The Charity Commission and OSCR have updated their guidance for charities at this time. NCVO, SCVO and the Charity Tax Group have set up dedicated information hubs highlighting support available for the sector and practical steps for charities to consider;
- Coronavirus Appeal – The National Emergencies Trust (NET), in partnership with the British Red Cross, has launched a fundraising appeal to help those most affected by the outbreak;
- Martin Lewis has launched a separate £1m fund, with applications closing at 11.59pm on Wednesday 25 March 2020 for small frontline charities working on the impact of COVID-19;
- Worldwide COVID-19 Fund – The World Health Organisation (WHO) has launched a fund through which individuals and organisations can support at-risk communities;
- Informal groups – There are a number of helpful informal groups to be found on social media. As always, please check the information, but these can offer real help and ways to connect with other charities; and,
- CAF is working to develop a specific small grants fund. They are finalising the details and will be able to confirm more information this week. Please follow them on Twitter @CAF in order to find out at the earliest possible point when the fund is launched.
Back to News.